We’re BIC Graphic a division of BIC USA Inc. - a world-class global supplier of innovative promotional products for marketing and advertising initiatives.
With our wide variety of high quality, innovative custom-imprinted writing instruments and complementary products, we help customers explore all of the promotional possibilities with an extensive selection of brand name items including BIC Writing Instruments, Lighters, BIC Select, BIC Sticky Note, Magnets, Mouse Pads, BIC Atchison Notebooks and Padfolios, and Ecolutions. BIC Graphic recently acquired Norwood so we now also sell over 4,000 additional products globally. The Norwood brand includes messenger bags, drink ware, calendars, tools and many more.
BIC Graphic sells exclusively through distributors of promotional products/advertising specialties.
Today, BIC Graphic's distributors serve the majority of the Fortune® 500 companies, as well as government organizations, educational institutions and thousands of other companies in diverse industries worldwide. We provide them with everything from personalized sticky notes and embroidered laptop bags to custom mouse pads and those famous BIC ® pens and lighters.
And with our growth, it’s time for you to pencil us in too!
The Continuous Improvement Engineer plans, organizes, facilitates, manages and directs continuous improvement functions and projects for various business value streams. A primary responsibility of the position is to analyze, design and/or improve manufacturing and/or office processes. This will be done working closely with the other engineering functions as well as each relevant business function at one or more facilities.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
- Utilize data driven problem solving methods to anticipate potential problems and optimize key metrics for business objectives.
- Drive and support a culture of quality at the source taking ownership for quality of work, services and products.
- Define and measure appropriate criteria for new equipment, processes and product introductions as well as recognizing opportunities created by new, evolving technologies.
- Champion change management and assist in delivering strategic initiatives that will aid in improvement or implementation of new systems, processes, services or cost-effective solutions that achieve company objectives.
- Candidate responsible for managing 3 - 5 projects simultaneously. The range of duration for one project is from 4 to 26 weeks to completion. Annualized project load ranges from 10 - 25 projects.
- Plans, conducts and/or directs research and/or development work on complex projects requiring the origination, scope, validation and application of new and unique approaches.
- Lead and/or assist in design/automation improvements to existing machines & processes, and clean sheet design of new machines and/or processes. Use of Lean Manufacturing concepts is essential.
- Lead and participate in Value Stream Mapping and identification, implementation and monitoring of improvements.
- Identify root cause and implement process corrective action to prevent recurrence.
- Lead, facilitate and coach continuous improvement teams and/or team leaders to find root causes and/or actionable items using lean manufacturing tools and best manufacturing processes with the goal of improving current efficiency, productivity, and downtime or scrap issues.
- Work to identify and drive continuous improvement actions throughout transactional and manufacturing processes by participating, leading and facilitating Kaizen events. Monitor and Track success in terms of stated goals compared to actual savings metrics as dollars and timely activity completion.
- Evaluate, develop and implement 6S and visual communications. Monitor and track status and attainment scores and provide updated information to the organization.
- Develop and maintain budgets, metrics, reports and record keeping for identified projects and document improvement process learning and share best practices.
- Resolve machine stop situations and machine performance to increase production quality, efficiency, or volume output.
- Other activities and projects as necessary.
- Three to Five years of plant operations experience.
- Successful candidate must have demonstrated lean manufacturing experience, project management skills, process and data analysis skills, leadership skills, proven ability as a team player, and ability to motivate others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other related 4-year degree.
- Preferred skills include Six Sigma, Minitab, AutoCAD and/or Pro-E.
- Literate and competent in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access) or equivalent required.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, within tight deadlines and to organize workload to meet the department’s needs.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, organizational, decision-making and analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Demonstrated success in the ability to consistently multitask
- Written and verbal communication skills are required as this role inter-acts with all levels within the organization.
- Solid reporting and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve issues and risks, problem-solving skills, assertiveness, integrity, innovation and creativity
- Flexibility to work weekends required
- Travel up to 10% may be required for special projects.
There's never been a better time to join BIC Graphic. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our promotional products. It's also why you'll find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace